Thursday, March 12, 2009

Monthly Visitor

I was late but I finally got my monthly visitor.....the flu (you sickos, like I'd blog about that).  Ever since September, I get the flu every single month, without fail.  It is torturous.  I really really really need to get insurance so I can go see a doctor.  I am sure it is something very serious.  I know you are dying to know my symptoms are so I will spill.  First, it starts with a headache.  Not a migraine, just an annoying headache that won't go away no matter how much coke I drink or pills I take.  Next comes the aches.  Now at first, I am thinking I slept on the neck wrong but then as it turns out I just have the flu.  After that is the nausea.  I don't usually throw up (I did in Sept., and Dec.) but I certainly feel like I am going to.  After the nausea is the fever with chills.  24 hours later, I am totally fine.  And then no one else in the family catches it.  Just me.  Strange, strange indeed.  Does anyone else get sick this often?  I am enemic, does that have anything to do with it?  Anyways, it has now been 24 hours and I feel all better.  100% better, in fact.  I am trying to clean up yesterdays messes and feed my kids (they have to fend for themselves while I am sick.)  Tonight, Morgan is going out with friends, I am feeling all better and I am going to have an awesome night of T.V. watching.

12 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I can't believe you get the flu that often. You do need insurance and you do need to see a doc about that. Really annoying I am sure! I feel sorry for you. I hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the HIV

Memzy said...

Oye vey!!! I would want to shoot myself if this were me. Torture. Maybe you should go to one of those clinics and get the flu shot next year. At least you have TV right?

Hazel said...

hmmmm....I loves me a mystery. I am going to do a little web md on you...

I wasn't blogging today, but your darn catchy title lured me in...now I have a job. Great.

eekareek said...

Interesting theory, Dr. Phil. My husband is a man slut so it is a possibility.


J/K Morgan is NOT a man slut.

E said...

I'm sickly too. I've been doing surprisingly well this season, but Cord and I usually catch everything, while everyone else in the fam is fine. You're only supposed to catch the flu once a season, right? So it might be something else with the same symptoms. Maybe you broke your leg?

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Sara.... do NOT go dyin' on me now. I just got you back!!!!!

When we first moved here I kept getting strep throat about every month or so. It was torture. We finally figured out the antibiotics weren't killing it completely so it'd keep coming back. Took some tougher antibiotics and voila... haven't had the clap, er, I mean, strep since.

Get Memzy's brother's email addy. He'll give free advice. Pro bono.

Unknown said...

It doesn't sound like the flu, unless you have highly unusual amt of different strains of flu virus in your parts in Id. keep a journal of your flu symptoms, onset, when it resolved, etc. and then when you can go see a doc.

Hot Pants said...

I was going to give you some real advice until I remembered Cathe has had schooling on the subject. She would be able to tell you I was wrong and a liar. But, just incase, you should be drinking lots of liquids. Especially the chocolaty milky frozen cold kind.

lovedkat said...

well, as i read your very sad story, hearing your beautiful voice in my head while i read along, i feel so bad for you. i had a wicked wicked flu this weekedend(i never get the flu) and it was aweful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now i feel even worse for you than normal. but i know what the problem is, i just heard about it its called extreme PMS. sorry to have to break it to you like this....just know i stilllove you you hot sexy mamma!

eekareek said...

Katie, I know you like to pretend you are a doctor but PMS come BEFORE a period.

lovedkat said...

hmmm well your right about pretending to be a dr. but srsly ive heard of it, ill google it then call you.....